Open Heart Surgery in Iran
Open Heart Surgery (Heart bypass surgery) is one of the services of iranMedtour, which is provided by the best cardiac surgeons, along with accommodation, translator, companion nurse and city tour at an affordable price in Iran.
What is Open Heart Surgery?
Open-heart surgery is any type of surgery where the chest is cut open and surgery is performed on the muscles, valves, or arteries of the heart. During this surgery, a healthy artery or vein is grafted (attached) to a blocked coronary artery. This allows the grafted artery to “bypass” the blocked artery and bring fresh blood to the heart.
Heart Bypass Surgery (CABG)
The coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) procedure depicted is used to bypass blocked coronary arteries using the internal thoracic artery from inside the chest wall, or the saphenous vein from the leg.
Aortic Valve Replacement
The aortic valve replacement procedure depicted is the surgical replacement of the aortic valve with an artificial valve.
When is open-heart surgery needed?
• Heart bypass surgery may be necessary for people with coronary heart disease. Coronary heart disease occurs when the blood vessels that provide blood and oxygen to the heart muscle become narrow and hard.
• “Hardening of the arteries” occurs when fatty material forms a plaque on the walls of the coronary arteries. This plaque narrows the arteries, making it difficult for blood to get through. When blood can’t flow properly to the heart, a heart attack may occur. So, Open-heart surgery is also done to repair or replace heart valves.
• For Heart transplantation, Open-heart surgery is needed which replaces a damaged heart with a donated heart.
What are the risks of Heart bypass surgery?
Risks for Heart bypass surgery include:
• Chest wound infection which is more common in patients with obesity or diabetes, or those who’ve had a CABG before.
• Irregular heartbeat, lung or kidney failure, chest pain, and low fever, memory loss or fuzziness, breathing difficulty are other side effects of Open heart surgery that can be disappeared after complete recovery.
How to prepare for open-heart surgery
• In the two weeks before the surgery, your doctor may ask you to quit smoking and stop taking blood-thinning medications, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen.
• The day before the surgery, you may be asked to wash with a special soap. This soap is used to kill bacteria on your skin and will lessen the chance of infection after surgery.
• You may also be asked not to eat or drink anything after midnight.
• When you arrive at the hospital for surgery, blood tests, X-Ray photography from the chest, and a clinical checkup will be performed to determine your general health conditions.
How long are you in the hospital after open heart surgery?
Your recovery will begin in the hospital’s intensive care unit (ICU) and typically will continue in another area of the hospital for three to five days before you go home. Once you have been discharged from the hospital, recovery typically takes six weeks or more
Very Low Cost of Heart bypass surgery in Iran
For patients not covered by health insurance, the cost of the most common types of heart surgery depends on the facility, the doctor, and the type of surgery. The average cost of this surgery in the USA is 200,000 $ but costs for a heart transplant are much higher.
For this reason, people suffering from cardiovascular diseases travel to various countries with a lower price such as Iran to can afford the cost of surgery. For instance, open-heart surgery costs in the region of $50,000 in Europe but can cost less than $20,000 in Iran.
Iranian cardiologists are highly qualified and experienced professionals. Besides, Iran is among the top ten countries in dealing with cardiac diseases. As far as the cost is concerned, it is like paying pennies for heart treatment if you compare the cost with the USA or Europe. In some general hospitals of Iran, an open heart surgery can perform for less than 15000 $.
Shahid Rajaei Hospital, Tehran Heart Center, Firoozgar Hospitals, and Moheb Mehr Hospital are some of the most famous hospitals for performing open heart surgery which is equipped with the most recent technology and the most expert specialists.
If you would like the best cardiologists in Iran’s first-class hospitals to perform your surgery, and at the same time be comfortable and stress-free during your treatment and stay in Iran at a reasonable cost, like your home, take a look at the iranMedtour Open Heart Surgery package. 😊